As fish tanks become larger it becomes all the more important that they have a solid foundation to support them. When it comes to 75 gallon tanks, finding the best 75 gallon aquarium stand can be tricky and options can become more limited.
Often these bigger tanks need custom frames or they come as part of the setup. But we’ve uncovered some of the best 75 gallon aquarium stands to suit you whatever your needs. If you want a simple but versatile metal stand the TitanEze Double Aquarium Stand is a great option.
Or for a sleek cabinet, with plenty of storage the Aquatic Fundamentals Wood Aquarium Stand is an awesome choice too.
So whatever your needs read on to discover the best 75 gallon aquarium stands available as well as what to look for!
A 75 gallon fish tank weighs about 850 lbs when filled, so you must always use a dedicated 75 gallon aquarium stand to support it.
- Best Modern Cabinet: Aquatic Fundamentals Wood Aquarium Stand
- Best For Budget: TitanEze Double Aquarium Stand
- Best Alternative Cabinet: Ameriwood Home Harbor Aquarium Stand
Best 75 Gallon Aquarium Stand Picks Reviewed
Whilst the average dimensions of a 75 gallon aquarium are around 48” in length x 18” width x 21” height do check the individual measurements of your tank. Each of the stands in our reviews below are designed to support this size of tank and the associated weight.
- Material And Style: Powder-coated fiberboard cabinet
- Dimensions: 49.37 (l) x 19.37 (d) x 28.25 (h) inches
- Maximum Gallons: Suitable for 75 and 90 gallon aquariums
- Key Features: Two 12” wide handleless doors, open back with 3 supporting braces, solid wood top, locking cam fittings
- Best for: Modern Cabinet
We’ve featured several of these stands from Aquatic Fundamentals and their 75 gallon version is another fantastic pick! The stand is so sturdy it can bear the weight of up to a 90 gallon tank! And the 49.37 x 19.37 inch solid top is a perfect size for most 75 gallon tanks.
One of the reasons this stand is so robust is, although the back is open to allow easy access for wiring up equipment, it has 3 solid supporting braces so there’s no chance of any movement. And many owners agree on its rigidity and ability to hold their 75 gallon tank.
The only slight issue with this cabinet is, whilst there’s plenty of space inside, there’s no internal shelf. Although this does mean you get nearly the full 28 inch height of the stand so you can easily fit in large external filters or other equipment.
- Material And Style: Powder-coated tubular steel frame
- Dimensions: 50.5 (l) x 18.5 (d) x 32.0 (h) inches
- Maximum Gallons: Suitable for two 75 gallon aquariums
- Key Features: Powder-coated frame, double wall construction, heavy duty polymer feet, supports up to two 75 gallon tanks, easy slot together assembly
- Best for: Budget
Another stand we’ve featured in various sizes is the TitanEze Double Aquarium Stand. This 75 gallon version may look slender, but it can support two 75 gallon tanks one above the other! The 50.5 x 18.5 inch frame may be slightly longer than some 75 gallon tanks so check yours first.
One of the best things about these frames is they are so quick and easy to slot together. They don’t need any special tools and can be assembled in minutes. And if you don’t need to house a second aquarium many owners use a plywood shelf at the bottom for extra storage.
Overall if you’re looking for a sleek but robust stand that’s easy on the budget this stand is definitely worth considering. Perfect if you have two 75 gallon tanks you want to display too!
- Material And Style: Laminated particleboard cabinet
- Dimensions: 50.0 (l) x 19.61 (d) x 30.31 (h) inches
- Maximum Gallons: Suitable for a 75 gallon aquarium
- Key Features: Two open shelves (one adjustable), 2 internal cabinets with an adjustable shelf behind each
- Best for: Alternative Cabinet
If you’re after a stylish looking piece of furniture with plenty of storage the Ameriwood Home Harbor Aquarium Stand is an awesome choice. The 50.0 x 19.61 inch top gives plenty of room for your tank, and can easily support up to 900 lbs – perfect for a tank of this size.
The rustic oak finish not only looks beautiful, but it’s also moisture-resistant so won’t cause any problems if there’s a few splashes during maintenance. And the adjustable, external shelf is a nice touch allowing you to display books or ornaments too.
There’s plenty of room for storage inside the two cabinets, each with an adjustable shelf which can be easily removed if you need more room for large equipment. Overall this is a solid 75 gallon aquarium stand which also doubles as a beautiful piece of furniture!
Why It’s Important For You To Choose a High Quality Aquarium Stand
As fish tanks become larger and heavier it becomes all the more crucial to support them properly. An incorrectly supported 75 gallon aquarium can pose a significant hazard in your home, so you want to ensure to choose the right fish tank stand.
We’ll go through the details later on, but the key things to consider are:
- Capability To Bear The Weight: Sometimes 75 gallon tank dimensions can be similar to stand dimensions for other sizes of tank (e.g. 55 gallon aquarium stands). But it’s critical to ensure the stand you choose is designed to bear the weight of your tank too.
- Quality Of Materials: Whether a metal or wooden stand, always check the quality of the product and materials used. For example, check they have been treated to make them moisture resistant. A good way to do this is to read reviews from current owners.
- Fully Level Your Stand: Look for features that will help you to fully level your stand. An unbalanced stand can put pressure on the seals and panels of the aquarium, potentially leading to leaks or cracks.
What To Look For When Choosing The Best 75 Gallon Aquarium Stand
Choosing the best 75 gallon aquarium stand means you need to carefully consider a number of things. Let’s look at some of the top factors to think about.
Size And Dimensions Of Your Aquarium
As fish tanks get larger it can be a challenge to find the right aquarium stand. In fact, many tanks over 75 gallons come with their stands either custom made or as part of the package. The average dimensions of a standard rectangular 75 gallon tank are around 48” in length x 18” width x 21” height.
As mentioned above, some 55 gallon stands can fit these dimensions, but placing a fully filled 75 gallon tank on them would be a definite risk! So take care to choose a dedicated 75 gallon aquarium stand that can also bear the weight.
Weight Of Your Aquarium
An empty 75 gallon aquarium in glass can have an average weight of around 140 lbs. And once filled with water, substrate, equipment and decor the total weight can go up to around 850 lbs.
Not only do you need a stand capable of supporting this weight, but the best 75 gallon aquarium stand will include features such as non-slip or adjustable feet to help you get it fully level. A level stand is key to its ability to distribute the weight evenly and prevent leaks or cracks.
Height Of Your Aquarium Stand
As a 75 gallon aquarium is a large tank, you need to make sure you can still reach inside easily to maintain it when on its stand. The best 75 gallon aquarium stands tend to be around 28 to 32 inches in height so that you can still reach inside for maintenance.
This also puts your aquarium high enough so that gravity dependent filters can work properly, and means you can get a great view of your fish when sitting or moving around the room.
Aquarium Stand Material
As with other aquarium stand sizes, the best 75 gallon aquarium stands are made from either metal, engineered wood (particleboard or MDF), or wood (plywood).
- Metal: Steel aquarium stands are often available for larger tanks like 75 gallons or above as they can withstand very high loads. They should always be coated with a moisture-resistant finish to prevent corrosion.
- Particleboard Or MDF: Engineered woods like particleboard or MDF are used in many fish tank stands of all sizes. MDF is the denser version and is stronger than particleboard, but the best 75 gallon aquarium stands tend to use both.
- Wood: Plywood stands are strong and make beautiful pieces of furniture. But you’ll generally only find them as expensive custom made stands for an aquarium of this size.
It’s important to note that many metal framed aquarium stands are only designed for glass tanks as they support the edges but not the full base.
Whilst most 75 gallon aquariums come in glass, if you do own an acrylic tank, make sure you go for a cabinet-style stand that will support the whole of the bottom panel.
Design Vs Space For Equipment
When it comes to the design of your 75 gallon aquarium stand it’s really down to a matter of personal taste. And as most aquarium stands are either a simple metal frame or a wooden cabinet, your choice from a design point of view is simply which looks better in your room.
But do think about equipment and storage too. Metal fish tank stands can sometimes have a second shelf for you to store equipment, but even then it will be on display. If you have kids or pets, or simply prefer your supplies to be hidden, a cabinet may be your preferred choice.
Ease Of Assembly
Many aquarium stands are like any other piece of flat pack furniture, and that means they need assembly! We’ve made sure that all the products in our reviews have easy to follow instructions, and between two adults you should have them built within the hour.
That said, make sure you follow the instructions and take time to carefully align parts before fixing them together. Misaligned panels or parts that won’t sit flush are often as a result of screwing them together slightly off center, so do take your time.
Price And Your Budget
It may go without saying that to find the best 75 gallon aquarium stand you’re going to have to budget a reasonable amount. Whilst a cabinet is likely to be more expensive than a simple metal framed stand, both have a certain price tag attached.
But do remember that whilst price gives an indication of quality, it’s not the complete picture.
Always read reviews on sites like Amazon for the products you are considering, as getting first hand accounts from owners is one of the best ways of researching the quality of the stand.
If you are on a budget but want a stylish yet versatile metal stand the TitanEze Double Aquarium Stand is a great one to go for. But if you want a sleek and modern-looking cabinet the Aquatic Fundamentals Wood Aquarium Stand is a fantastic choice too!
In fact, all three of the 75 gallon aquarium stands we’ve reviewed are awesome in their own way. So that just leaves you the choice to decide on the best 75 gallon aquarium stand for you!
Let’s take a look at the answers to some of the most asked questions when it comes to 75 gallon aquarium stands.
How Many Fish Can I Keep In A 75 Gallon Tank?
For freshwater fish follow the rule of 1 inch of fish per gallon, so around 25 to 30 medium (2 ½ inch) fish could be kept in a 75 gallon aquarium.
How Can I Level My Aquarium Stand?
Check the top of the tank whilst on your stand with a spirit level. You can either use your stand’s adjustable feet to level, if it has them. Or if not, use plastic shims to level up your tank.
Can A TV Stand Support A 75 Gallon Aquarium?
No! Considering the average slimline, flat screen TV today weighs 100 lbs or less compared with an 850 lbs 75 gallon fish tank, you’ll see why this is not a good idea!
Can A 75 Gallon Stand Hold A 90 Gallon Tank?
You may find a 75 gallon aquarium stand has the right dimensions for a 90 gallon fish tank too. As long as it is also designed to bear the 1050 lbs weight of a 90 gallon tank it will be fine.